Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss - Health - Weight Loss

I love to snack. Thats probably the most serious vice I have when it comes to my dieting. As a matter of fact, I used snacking as an excuse for not being able to control my weight.

But Ive recently discovered that its not the snack itself thats the monkey on my back, but the size of the snack. Even snacks these days have been supersized. No wonder my diet suffers!

So, I decided to prepare a list of healthy snacks for weight loss that are 100 calories or less. Note the word healthy. Although junk food will satisfy your brain, it wont do much to satisfy your hunger.

You also have to keep in mind when planning healthy snacks for weight loss that they are balanced with some protein, fibre, fat and some carbs. And dont forget to read the nutritional label. A healthy snack should contain less than 30 percent fat and should not be overloaded with sugar.

I shy aware from packaged 100 calorie packs simply because I dont feel they are particularly nutritious. Two to two and a half teaspoons of sugar in each cookie pack is a lot. I wouldnt put that much sugar in my coffee!

Also, some of these snacks contain high fructose corn syrup and Ive read one study that suggests that it may have greater consequences for dieters than regular sugar. And I dont know about you, but those 100 calorie packs of Oreos dont taste like their regular counterparts.

So here are ten of my favourite healthy snacks for weight loss that do measure up to 100 calories and dont come in fancy wrappers. cup of frozen orange juicejust like sorbet!

2 ounces of lean roast beef10 almonds or 10 cashews2 large Graham Cracker squares spread with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter1 small baked potato accompanied by cup of salsa and 2 tablespoons of fat free sour creamHalf a small avocado1/3 of a cup of unsweetened applesauce with 1 slice of whole wheat toastHalf an apple with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter cup of fat free Ranch dressing with raw broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms3 ounces of cooked whole wheat noodles combined with 1 fresh tomato and ounce of hard cheese

Now if you are just starting out making your own healthy snacks for weight loss, youll need to invest in a scale (mines plastic from Wal-Mart) and a good calorie counting guide.

If youre not measuring I can guarantee you will underestimate the portion and end up with snacks that far exceed your 100 calories.But once youve done it a few hundred times, like me, youll be able to eyeball the portion and put your scale away.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment